Friday, October 30, 2009

Event Chasing Again

In the south, football is a big deal. In Georgia, rivalries are a big deal. And one of the biggest is between the Georgia Bulldogs and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. I went to the University of Georgia. And Michael went to Tech. We are a house divided. Well. Not really. Because I really don't care. And Michael always roots for Georgia. Unless they are playing Tech.

We have Tech "stuff" everywhere. It's on our welcome mat. On our grill cover. On Michael's reusable grocery bags. It's on lots of ornaments on our Christmas tree. If we ever put it up again. We all have t-shirts. Sweatshirts. Even button down shirts with Tech emboridery. Katie has even gotten to the point where she refuses to wear the Georgia Bulldog shirt I got her. Or even anything in a red and black combo. It is disloyal to her dad. And she ingnores my cries of "hey...what about me?!"

And Madalyn learned the hard way to never wear her Bulldog colors. One day we were at the tennis courts and she was stung three times by a yellow jacket. And after she was soothed and loved. We pointed out that she had a Bulldog t-shirt on. And that the yellow jacket was just not going to take that from her.

So, when I was contacted by Event Chasers earlier in the week to see if there were any events in November we would like to chase for them. I naturally HAD to ask if we could get tickets to the Georiga/Georgia Tech game. We made a list of several events we'd like to cover with that game as the number one option. I was not surprised by the email that said we could have tickets to any of the events except that one.

But then. I got another email saying that they could give us ONE ticket to the Georgia/Georgia Tech game. I think that Michael actually squealed like a little girl. He hasn't been to this big event since he was at Tech. I am so excited for him to go. And major thank yous to Event Chasers for making it all possible!

So...what about you? Is there a big game you would like to attend? Is football big in your area? If sports are not your thing...is there a show or concert you would like to see? Are you an event chaser??

post signature

11 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey Kat,
The big event in our area this weekend is the FL/GA game in Jacksonville.
I would love to watch it, but there would have to be several things happening before I would.

1. Hell would have to freeze over.
Because there is no way that I am going to sit in a stadium with thousands of rabid Gator and Dawg fans. Just not gonna happen.
Especially since the forcast temperature is gonna feel like 100 on the field. Nope, cannot be glistening, just can't.
2. Well, number one pretty much covered it.

Hey, that sounds like a blog to me. Bye gotta go blog.
See you in twelve days. EE woo hoo

MsTypo said...

I've never actually been to real football game. Shocking, i know. We had a chance to go to regular Bears games when we lived in the MidWest but never got around to it.

Becky P said...

I would love to see a Steelers game...at home...in December. The only true way to see a Steelers game. However, you cannot get tickets unless you are season ticket holders and there is something like a 25 year wait list for season tickets. LOL Not kidding. I am not an event chaser but it sounds intriguing...of course, that would mean I would have to become a blogger as well.

Samantha said...

Usually the biggest game of the Season in South Carolina is the Clemson/South Carolina game. Of course, I am a Clemson fan...Goooo Tigers! But, Clemson plays Florida State here in a couple of weeks, and everyone is getting pretty excited about that one too.

College football is definitely kind of a big deal in the South.

Michelle said...

Well it's technically not in my area, but the Vikings / Packers game... I'd drive the three hours to see that. If I could afford a scalped ticket!

Football is big here... as are most sports. And I'm good with that. I hope Michael enjoys the game!

Michelle said...

Well it's technically not in my area, but the Vikings / Packers game... I'd drive the three hours to see that. If I could afford a scalped ticket!

Football is big here... as are most sports. And I'm good with that. I hope Michael enjoys the game!

Aleta said...

Ohhhh, FOOTBALLLLLLLLL!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....

Go ahead... ask me who I'm for. Hehe....

I bleed purple and gold (LSU) on Saturdays....

and Sunday (and sometimes Monday) - I bleed black and gold (GEAUX SAINTS)


WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

DiPaola Momma said...

Goodness Momma you get around don't ya? Vegas and Bulldogs and Jackets.. oh my ;-) BIG HUGS

texcindy said...

Hey--that's totally cool! It's an odd-numbered year, so I'm thinking the game is at Tech this year? He's going to feel so old when he sees the students. Or maybe not. he is, after all, Michael.

Shannon said...

Oh, what I wouldn't give to have heard Michael "squee!"...

Rhea said...

I honestly have no time to chase events, but I'd sure like to. I'll keep that on my list of things I'd like to do if I weren't working my butt off and facing impending single motherhood. ugh