Sunday, April 6, 2008

Just a wee bit o'drama

What a day! We left the suburbs of Atlanta a few minutes after 10am on Saturday for what is normally an easy 8 hour drive to Tampa...but not this day. This day we were met with this:

And this:



And this:



Finally we got to Sunny Florida and we had to stop to let the kids let off some steam. Katie and Madalyn raced around:

Katie and Michael did the Tango (which is what everyone does at rest stops, right?):

After 10 hours...we finally arrived...only to be confronted with a wee bit o'drama. The car started making these...ummm...lurches...(I don't speak car)...to be followed by the check engine light coming on.

Plan for today? We found a dealership just a mile from the hotel...and we plan to drop off the car on our way to the port... and they will hopefully fix it while we are gone...and hopefully we will not come home to a bill that is too outrageous...and hopefully it will allow me to have the dream that I can go on a cruise every time the car goes into the shop.

post signature

6 comments:

Rhea said...

Oh, boy, that was some drama! That upside down car didn't look so good. Your girls are hilarious! I can't believe they tango at rest stops. lol Your husband didn't look so into it. hehe I love the goofy car shot with the pink Nintendo DS and funny faces. Thank god for entertainment in the car.

I'm so sorry to hear about your car! I love that you "don't speak car." lol That sounds familiar! And, I could see how you could get spoiled...a cruise every time your car goes in the shop. I would have had many, many vacations this year if I did that...including a four month-long one! I like your style, babe!

Have fun! A little drama to start the trip = great blog material! See even your car is cooperating! just kidding. Have fun!

Skeller said...

Ummm, bon voyage? From here on out, that is!! :-)

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

Rhea-- Yes the "I don't speak car" is an homage to you! I suppose if we were going to have car drama...to wait until we get to our destination...and when we don't need the car anyway...it seems to have worked out well. Until we get the bill.

Susan--I am going to pretend that I don't have a car...and that I live here in this tiny room with all my needs provided for this week. I'll think about real life in a week!

DebMc said...

Enjoy your cruise! I've never been on one, so I want essential details when you return.

Nissa said...

That rain did suck! Hope you're having a blast, now!

Unknown said...

Love that tango at the reststop. That accident didn't look the best. Hopefully nobody was hurt..